Monday, January 3, 2011

Unto The Breach...

Well, I've gone and done it. Created a blog. Here, in 2011, in a time where such things seem to have lost their lustre. At some point, one person typing away in the privacy of their own ecosystem had the ability to give the world some new idea of what it was to be a part of this planet; that point has passed.


I have no illusions of grandeur, no vast idea of what it is I will create with words sent out into the cloud, sent out from the synapses in my brain to the typing fingers on my laptop, sent out from the wireless modem I'm connected with to the rest of the world at large (except probably China). But, regardless of any mixed feelings I have to the whole idea of acting like my thoughts are important enough to publish on the "Internet", I do it anyway. So there.


This will be a place for many things: musings on music (that rapidly replicating organism), a few thoughts on films (if the mood takes me), playlists from my radio program (Thursday mornings 6-8 AM C.S.T. online at cfcr.ca), and dispatches from the scene. It will be an experiment, one that will more definitely see positive result with YOUR feedback. 


In the vast wilderness that is the cultural landscape, paranoia prevails. This song isn't cool enough, that band already had their moment, these critics speak the words of the prophets. Allegiances shift almost as constantly as the planet rotates on it's axis, and it can be hard to know who to trust. Let this be your sonic safe house.

No comments:

Post a Comment