Thursday, January 20, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham: Over-tired edition

As I recall, it was 3 years ago or so that one Mr. Nolan Luckett demanded I post playlist from my radio show on the internet in some sort of "blog" form. I quickly dismissed any such idea and went about my business. Here I am, in 2011, long after the explosion of the blogosphere, doing just the thing I never thought I'd do. For anybody not in the know, I host the Thursday early edition (6-8 am CST) of Green Eggs and Ham, the morning show over on CFCR 90.5 FM.

This morning was an especially harrowing one. For reasons that escape me, and will baffle scientists for generations to come, I got less than 45 minutes of sleep last night, leading to some (in my opinion) rather aimless on-air banter, some turntable issues, and 2 false starts of a song I didn't even intend to play once. Good times- here's the list:

Ruby Jean and the Thoughtful Bees - "Trustfund"
Hidrogenesse - "In the Na (Part 1)"
Islands - "Tender Torture"
Leonids - "Human Cyclops Beetle"
Real Estate - "Fake Blues"
Moools - "Hidden Thunderstorms"
Immaculate Machine - "Small Talk"
Sun Airway - "Put the Days Away"
Four Tet - "Glue of the World"
Luke Doucet & the White Falcon - "Dirty, Dirty Blonde"
Jason Collett - "Hangover Days"
Glasser - "Mirrorage (Lindstrøm remix)"
Braids - "Plath Heart"
The Jam - "Mr. Clean"
The Diodes - "Weekend"
XTC - "No Thugs in Our House"
The Tubes - "Don't Touch Me There"  ---the Slice Of Cheese
Sleepless Nights - "Coup d'Etat"
Smith Westerns - "Weekend"            ---the second song called Weekend!
Broken Records - "A Darkness Rises Up"
Quest For Fire - "Psychic Seasons"

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I was the first one to mention doing something like this, and even that you remember me saying that! As I remember, years ago, I nagged you a few times to start something like this up. :P

    I hope you're able to gain many followers here so all the good music you find can be spread far and wide!

    ReplyDelete