Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today's Tune: January 23rd

God damn, Celine sold less greatest hits this year.

How strange that I should decide to play the song "Coup d'Etat" by Halifax mainstays The Sleepless Nights on my show on Thursday, only to find out on Friday that the music store I've worked in for more than 3 years (and been the manager of for nearly half that time) will be closing on February 11th. The news of the shuttering of retail outlets for music has become pretty common over the last few years, but I've seen nothing but surprise on the faces of everyone that I tell.

Keep up to date on the Safe House over the next few weeks, since I might post some fun closing-store goodies now and then, not to mention the inevitable passion piece on the demise and rebirth of the recording industry. In the meantime, consider the past decade of music retail innovation while you listen to Sleepless Nights bash out a bittersweet gem with a rousing sing-along chorus.


Find more artists like sleepless nights at Myspace Music

No comments:

Post a Comment