Thursday, August 11, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham: Novelties, F-Bombs and Cover Songs


There's the one song I played that ended up having the word "fuck" in it about 8 times (I forgot), there were some truly random genre hops, I played a couple modern-day novelties that managed to BOTH be connected to Jack White and there were 2 cover songs from idiosyncratic tribute albums. It was a good week (did I mention I played moombahton?). Here's the playlist:

Portico - "I Heard There's Proof"
Plants and Animals - "Undone Melody"
The Unsettlers - "Fold Back the Black"
Kris Ellestad - "You're Sick (of Me)"
The Tallest Man On Earth - "The Drying of the Lawns"
Los Campesinos! - "We've Got Your Back"
Paper Cranes - "Rabbit in a Snare"
Broken Records - "You Know You're Not Dead"
Purity Ring - "Lofticries"
Twin Shadow - "Shooting Holes"
Stephen Colbert & The Black Belles - "Charlene II (I'm Over You)"
"Weird Al" Yankovic - "CNR"
Neon Indian - "Polish Girl"
Dillon Francis - "Masta Blasta"
The Count & Sinden - "After Dark" (Krystal Klear remix)
Dog Day - "I Wanna Mix"
Peace - "Grey Walls"
Snowblink - "Heckling the Afterglow"
Real McCoy - "Another Night"   *this week's Slice Of Cheese
Constantines - "New King"
The Mountains & The Trees - "Fear Of Ghosts"
Jim Guthrie - "If Chairs Were Bears"
The Morning Benders - "Last Nite"
You Say Party - "Love Makes The World Go Round"

No comments:

Post a Comment