Thursday, May 24, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham: Time Flies


I love it when a plan comes together. Or, in the case of this morning's show, disparate items cohere into a unit that strongly resembles a plan. Take the opening "Shine A Light" themed set: not planned; the finishing "girls" themed set: not at all planned; The Nick Lowe / Elvis Costello book-tune 1-2 punch: decided in 5 minutes in advance. I also couldn't have planned for somebody requesting a song by Mariachi El Bronx, a band I'm still not sure I enjoy. It all worked out, though. Here's the playlist:

Adam Franklin - "Shine A Light"
Constantines - "Tiger & Crane"
Rolling Stones - "Shine A Light"
Arkells - "Coffee"
Joel Plaskett Emergency - "Time Flies"
Nick Lowe - "When I Write The Book"
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - "Everyday I Write The Book"
White Ash Falls - "Your Song"
Cold Specks - "When the City Lights Dim"
John Southworth - "So Glad It's Finally Spring"
Houses - "Endless Spring"
Alice Cooper - "Sun Arise"
Lemonade - "Softkiss"
Girl Unit - "Wut"
Baauer - "Harlem Shake"
Mariachi El Bronx - "Revolution Girl"
Actual Water - "Brighton"
Chad Vangaalen - "Burning Photographs"
The Jam - "I've Changed My Address"
Will Smith - "Men In Black"**
Metric - "Speed the Collapse"
In-Flight Safety - "I Could Love You More"
The Dudes - "American Girl"
Best Coast - "Better Girl"
The Mohawk Lodge - "Wicked Nights (Canadian Girl)"
M83 - "Graveyard Girl"


**This week's Slice Of Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment