Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today's Tune: Cookie Duster - "Two Feet Stand Up"

I never get what I want on Record Store Day. I'm never on time and the diehards always snag the ultra-limited things I've had my eye on. I walk out of my local record shop on RSD with an armful of records that, while great, aren't exactly what I had my hopes up for. That's why this year, I decided not to seek out the ever-changing list of RSD releases, in the effort to make whatever I end up with this year to seem as special as can be.

At least until Cookie Duster came... cookie... dusting...

Cookie Duster, a project featuring Brendan Canning (known for being in a lil' ol' band by the name of Broken Social Scene), are set to release their second album, and first for 11 years, When Flying Was Easy on May 15th. Before that, the world can hear the first single "Two Feet Stand Up", a jangly, upbeat number that would be right at home replacing BSS's (s?) "Shoreline" on the band's excellent eponymous 2005 album. Oh yeah, and it's coming out as a 7" single for Record Store Day. I guess I'll look for it on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment