Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's Tune: Winter Gloves - "True Blue" (Madonna Cover)



I've long been a fan of stalwart Canadian label Paper Bag Records, and it was with a great deal of enthusiasm that I downloaded their latest truly inspired promo: a track-by-track cover album of Madonna's True Blue by all stars from the PBR roster. Woodhands profanely keep their baby, Laura Barrett longs for "La Isla Bonita", and recently-hiatused You Say Party open their hearts; it's truly fantastic. The highlight for me was the title track played by Quebec's Winter Gloves, with vocals by the always endearing Hannah Georgas. A Monday morning (or, I guess by now, afternoon) pick-me-up pop tune that is in turn a nice reminder of a classic tune from Her Madgeness.
(DID I MENTION THIS COMPILATION IS FREE?)

Get it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment